We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, September 27, 2001

Oh my great goodness. Today just went to prove that with determination, spirit, and a whole lotta Blow Pops, a person can do just about anything!

Let me explain. You see, one day about a year or so ago, Shara, Noelley, & I went to Thrift Town. While there, we found an old, slightly dilapidated 1981 version of the board game, Trivial Pursuit. We bought it and on the car ride back home began reading each other questions. When we got to Noelley's house, we started up a game with her mom and sister. And from that moment on, we were hooked. We fell in love with Trivial Pursuit. That next Monday, we spread the word about the wonder that is Trivial Pursuit, and we all decided that we should get together soon and play the game. So we planned to meet at Deanna's that Friday. While planning continued, Shara, Deanna, Noelley, & I decided that we should make the whole playing Trivial Pursuit thing a tradition. Getting together every Friday after school, perhaps following it up with a movie or something. Hence the Trivial Pursuit Posse was formed. The first official meeting consisted of the following lovely ladies: Shara & Noelley [who joined forces to create the team: Man-Eaters - complete, for some unknown reason, with sideways 80's ponytails], Alina & Deanna [the latter of which graciously donated her house as a meeting spot], Valerie & Julie [who, because of their overwhelming knowledge, were never allowed to team up with each other again] and Johanna & myself [who came, I think, in third place.]
Anyhow, that day, history was created.
This week at school was Join-A-Club Week. It got me thinking, it would be pretty cool if we made TPP [our loving name for Trivial Pursuit Posse] a school-wide club available for all to join [not to mention, the glory of being in the Clubs section of the Yearbook]. I asked around from my buddies on Student Gov't how one goes about making a club; all of them sending me to Mr. Lee, our Assistant Principal. So Tuesday, I asked him about it and he said all I had to do was submit a proposal complete with club name, moderator, description, and atleast ten people who would be on the club. So, I did, and gave it to him at the end of the day. The next day, he had approved it, but made me change the name from Trivial Pursuit Posse to Trivial Pursuit Club. Oh well, TPC still sounds pretty good. Well, continuing on, today was the second of two Club Fairs [all the clubs get a little table and try to get people to join their club.] I thought ahead and bought Blow Pops and Reese's at work the night before, to entice folks to come on over. We [we = Deanna, Johanna, Jason Sposeto, Will Griffin, and myself] got our table all ready, setting up the game for display, etc. We waited in anticipation for the people to come in the gym. Well our waiting and our work [work? what work?] paid off: it was a complete sucess!!
The number of people in the club squared itself!! It squared itself. What I mean is, there used to be eight people in it, today, sixty-four people signed up. Granted, that counts people who just signed up to get the candy and someone who put "Mr. Goober" as their name and 555-7777 as their phone number. Either way, I am very proud! But now, I have to go to work. I'll post later tonight, to sum up my week and my plans for tomorrow [since I have no school - yay!] and the weekend [one word: work.] Alright, bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home