We're so cool, it hurts.

Sunday, October 07, 2001

In picturing this post and its topics in my head, it seems that, for some reason, is taking a very media-based shape. Here's a quick run down, so you can decide for yourself if you want to take the time to read all this: concert update, movie reviews, my all time faves. So, off we go:
Concert Update

November 6th - Bouncing Souls
November 14th - New Found Glory, Rx Bandits [!!!!], & Fenix TX
November 19th - rescheduled Weezer show

Finally, the Weezer show was rescheduled, and thankfully. I was starting to worry about the likelihood of it all. Now, I'm really excited about all the shows and all, but I also wonder why good bands always seem to travel together, hitting the same areas within a weeks time of each other. Also, I wonder why I chose to go on the school trip to Washington, D.C., which is planned for November 11th through the 18th [so, already, the Rx Bandits show is outta the qustion ::wimpering and listening obsessively to "Analog Boy"::], in the year that terrorists decide to hit America, and coincidentally, America decides to attack back [f'ing perfect time to go to the nation's capitol, which is, I'd imagine, one of the prime targets.] Hopefully, by that time, the world will have simmered down.
Now onto the movie reviews:
I saw both "Joy Ride" & "Serendipity" this weekend. "Joy Ride" which, quite honestly, had potential, was, of the two, my least favorite. That first hour, it was going good. Funny at times, suspenseful during other parts. An all around, interesting, if nothing else, plot. Then, when it was just getting good, Leelee Sobeajsdlkfjsakski had to show her ugly face. Okay, for one, why does the girl never feel the need to wear a bra. Either [pronounced eye-ther] Rion or Shara mentioned that in one frame, her face wasn't even in focus, but her breasts were. It was pretty terrible. She can't act at all. And, I know it's by no fault of her own [but I still need to complain], but, will someone explain to me how practically three rolls of packaging tape can be removed from a person in less than 15 seconds? It's just uncanny. Overall, it was a good movie. I liked the first half, but the last was pretty dissapointing, leaving a sour taste in your mouth and a thought of "What in the hell?" in your mind.
Now, onto the better of the two movies, "Serendipity." Granted it had its moments where you wanted to yell at the screen, saying "Will you just let them see each other again, for the love of God. No more of these split second, only missed by thismuch encounters." It was good movie, and mainly because it had John Cusack and Jeremy Piven in it. Plus it ends with you feeling, "I want that." The only downsides were Molly Shannon [the woman is not funny at all and she can't just be normal for more than a few minutes] and Sara's Kenny G's haircutted fiancé's crazy snake charming music. But I did like it. It was worth the money.


Okay, here's the part in the post where I get egotistical and very short-winded [it's about damn time].
Here are my favorites, as far as media is concerned. I'm tired and want to go to sleep soon, so I'm not going to, at this time, explain why they are my faves, but I'm sure you're not complaining about that. I reserve the right to change my mind on any of what follows. Onwards!


Fave Movies
Shawshank Redemption
Empire Records
Notting Hill
My Cousin Vinny
Almost Famous
American Beauty
Snatch
The Cure
The American President
The Princess Bride


Favorite Books
Catcher in the Rye
The Green Mile
Sleepers
Seven Days to a Brand New Me


Favorite Music[s]
Green Day
Third Eye Blind
Weezer
MxPx
& more that are rising higher on the list each day [Nerf Herder, NFG, Ataris, Rx Bandits, etc.]

Favorite TV Shows
Friends
Simpsons
Law & Order
Even Stevens

Okay, I think that's enough [read: more than enough] for now. Goodnight to all, and to all a goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home