We're so cool, it hurts.

Monday, December 24, 2001

Geez, It's been awhile. Nine days [haven't heard anything about them in quite awhile, Jo] since I last posted. Not so much has happened, I'm in Fresno right now. We had our Christmas yesterday [the 23rd] because that was the only time all my family here [which consists of everyone on my dad's side] could be together to eat and open gifts. Yes, it's true, I do have Christmas Fresno style [Fresno style = in a hotel room, complete with fake plant decorated by paper rings - very classy.]
Anyway, I just wanted to tell you all to have a great Christmas. Also, like my French teacher told us [after having read us a story having something to do with a guy bringing home a prostitute, who then, somehow, gave birth] it's important to remember what Christmas is all about. And I don't mean the whole Jesus thing, although, yes that does heavily factor into the meaning for some people. I'm thinking more along the lines of love and family, yada yada yada.

Anyway, another reason for the bloggage is to invite you all [if I know you that is. If you're some random reader from across the country, sorry but the invitation does not stand] to [drum roll please]:

Katie's New Year's Soiree

and yes, that is the correct spelling of soiree [which, by the by, is pronounced swore-ay]

This is all occurring on New Year's Eve [as in December 31st] at Katie's house. God willing, my father will clean up the shed out in the backyard, so we can have it in there. I'll move the pool table, ping pong table, dart board, and foosball game out there, so it'll be ROCKIN' GOOD FUN!.
I also plan to ask Driving to Milpitas [minus Chiwide, who's out of the country] to perform. You could even call it a gig. Anyway, lemme know if you have any requests for the evening. And of course, the fact that the event is taking place at my house, you know there's no alcohol/drugs of sorts [because I'm Designated Katie and don't mix with the illegal stuff.]

Well, I've got to be going. Time for the three hour drive home from Fresno. Highway 5 Rules!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home