We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, January 24, 2002

I am extreme amounts of happy right now. One could even describe me as being ecsatic. Allow for an explanation: Finals are over. That is short for, "I only have one more semester of high school left." Which is good, because I suspect that's all that I have left in me. And this last semeser, it doesn't even really count. My high school GPA only goes through the seventh semester. Basically, college is the only people that even care about this grade, and that is just to make sure that I didn't drop drastically in any of my classes. So, basically, I can get by on all B minuses. This is very exciting to me, someone who has always been semi grade obsessed. Maybe that is why my goal is to raise my grades. I know, it makes no sense: why, in the one semester of my high school career that truly does not matter am I determined to get A's? I think the main reason is just a personal goal. I looked back on my grades last quarter, and I kept finding myself thinking "Gee, I could've gotten that A if only I'd actually read the book." I don't want to think that at the end of next semester. I want to look at them and say, "Damn, I did a good job. I worked hard and the grades show it." I don't know. It's bizarre to want that during the only time that "grades don't matter", but, gotta love irony.
The next thing that is making me happy is that tomorrow [we get Friday off for a "semester holiday"], Jo and I are going to Reno to go skiing [well, actually we're skiing in Truckee, but no matter.] This has become a pretty annual trip, and has always proved to be very fun. Jo's been skiing since birth or something equally insane, and I've gotten pretty good in the three years we've been going. So, I'm excited. I like staying at hotels. I like all the hot boys skiing/snowboarding. I like falling in the snow. I like looking down at all the other people falling from up high on the ski lift. I like being cold, and then walking into the lodge and being toasty warm. I like it all. Hence, I'm happy.
Thirdly, Dashboard Confessional [scoff if you must, Jake] is coming to San Francisco on March 13th. It's at Slim's, which one of my top venues. It's $12.50, which is kind of pricy for that type of show, but I'm willing to shell it out. Gina, you interested? It's a Wednesday night, but it starts at 7:30, so that's not bad. Shara wants to go, too. Lemme know so I can get some tickets.
Anyway, there you have it. I'm happy. I hope you are all too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home