We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, January 29, 2002

I'm highly dissapointed in you all, and for good reason. One: I come back after a weekend, and there are only TWO posts? consisting of, total, two lines? C'mon, pick up the pace fellas. Two: No one, and I'm talking no one [which is basically what I had guessed] posted on the Official Random-osity Message Board. Three: The sexual tension on this site is so thick you could blend it..in...a blender. [I was trying to shy away from the 'cut it with a knife' cliché - I believe I was successful.] Random-osity is a place for updates, daily happenings, rants, and raves, not risqué euphamisms [sp?] about cookies. Shape up, or ship out.
Now, for something completely different, Katie's Weekend Recap:
Friday - I left for Reno with Jo, Leslie [her cousin], Geng [her sister], and her father, aunt, and uncle. We had dinner at Denny's on the way there, where our waiter, Rob, was rather attractive. However, he lacked in the skills of waitering [or is it just waiting?] repeatedly asking, "So, uh, who else ordered this?" while holding up a plate of food. We [we = Jo, Leslie, and I] went to the midway at Circus Circus. I got hit on. Some guy came up to me and said, and I quote this in all it's junior high school sounding glory, "Hey, my friend over there wants to talk to you." Later we found out that they [consisting of Tom/Todd - the go-getter , Kyle - the mute one, Jason - the driver, and 2 other guys] live in Sacramento. Then they asked if they could "hang out in [our] hotel room with [us]." Needless to say, they left unsatisfied.
Saturday - The scheduled day of skiing was cut short due to weather that can best be described as hellish. Later on, it was reported that we actually skiied through a blizzard. We could not see, we could not feel our fingers, we could not feel our toes [I feel a song coming on, Jo - think Wet Wet Wet's "Love is All Around"]. The snow was far too powdery, mainly because no one in their right mind was skiing, so there was no one to firm the snow. We all sank in a few times. I was forced to buy goggles, becuase my sunglasses were not protecting me from the shards of snow that were piercing my skin. Actual, honest to goodness, Worn-By-Special-K-In-Can't-Hardly-Wait-Goggles. However, the boy I bought the goggles from, Travas [as in Trav-ass] was pretty hot [which is apparently a pre-requisite for working at Boreal] and had good taste in music. The highlight [said using a sarcastic tone] of the ski day was when I was coming down a slope and heard Jo yell, "Kate, don't go that wa-!!" It was cut off suddenly by my quick descent into powdery snow up to my knees. I actually couldn't find one of my skis for quite awhile ["No, seriously, Jo. Stop laughing. I think I'm in serious shit right now. I can't find my ski."] That night wasn't very exciting, except when a Circus Circus worker shook her finger at Jo for trying to trade an ugly cow and an ugly mouse for a cute monkey - god forbid. There was also that guy, named Slim, who was from Amsterdam. He "look[ed] good."
Sunday - Left later than planned. Stopped for brunch at IHOP. Slept on drive home. Overdosed on Lifesaver's Strawberry Cream Savers.
The End.

School's back in session. How come it feels like we were on such a long break? I've been overcome with Yearbook Editor duties. I have work tomorrow. I should be doing homework now. I feel inadequete because all of these sentences are so short. Speaking of short, I'm out about $375.00 because my stupid 8th grade class can't seem to pay the friggin' piper [piper = Katie.] I've put too much into this yearbook ad - and not just speaking monetary goods, time and effort, too - to not be paid back the $500 it took to buy the ad space. I've been patient enough, it's time to start hiring hit men. Although, that would cost money, and I have no money, because NO ONE HAS PAID ME BACK. Well, 8 people have. 8 out of 22, though. [Deanna, if you're reading this, don't be consumed with guilt. I know you're good for it, pay whenever]
Okay, time for Katie to go watch Gilmore Girls and do le devoir pour la classe de Français. Au revoir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home