We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Yes, it has been awhile since I last posted. I have finals this week, so it's been a lot of pretend studying and then wishing it had been actual studying. But I do get out early on all the days, so yay!
Recap: The Nerf Herder concert was fun, minus the wierd-o guy in the leather jacket, and the pseudo-lesbian couple dancing/grinding next to me. The highlight of the evening that didn't have to do with the concert was definitely our encounter with the homeless man with the "crazy look in his eyes" [we apparently were trespassing in his territory.] Jake and I have yet to truly make amends, if only for the fact that neither of us can agree on a single compromise for our behavior [either no one talks about music, or no one talks aggresively about music, and I don't get defensive, I just refuse to respond to lowball cracks about the supposed "hack-ness" of Dashboard (which, I whole-heartedly believe is negative 62 - in other words, he/they is/are very, very great).] I'd just like to be able to have a conversation without being ostracized for my taste in music, in that, I don't, god forbid, listen to only music under the category of 'indie'. I mean, really, why must we categorize music anyway? There's so many subheads, etc that it gets too confusing anyhow. I like music, some more than others. The End.
Speaking of music, I am very much excited, Gina, about the weezer tribute album. Except for the fact that I'm not sure how deserving Weezer is of a tribute album, and only because I sometimes think that tributes should be strictly reserved for bands/people that have really paid their dues, or have had some unquestioning influence on a number of people, or have been around for quite awhile [ex: Beatles, Eagles, etc.] Anyway, Weezer tribute album. Dashboard Confessional, Ataris. Hmm, that should be really good. I'm really liking The Ataris right now. I mean, I've had the CD for awhile, and I just got the other one, but yea. Good times. Plus, they quote Catcher in the Rye in one of the songs. So, add on 23 points there.
Anyway, I have to go read up on Anatomy and Physiology. I got my pictures back of Shara & I dissecting our cat, Figaro, so..if you'd like to take a gander, lemme know. I may have them up on the Random-Osity Photo Album by the end of month.
That is all [stated for the sake of Deanna.]

Go and sign the guestbook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home