We're so cool, it hurts.

Friday, April 26, 2002

Well, then. That was a very frantic post, I'd say. I mean, hell. I actually ASKED for the company of Jake! [In all just kiddingness. You are quite fun to be around]. So, in regards to the whole frantic Saves the Day post, I know you all are simply dying to know what happened.
Well, Shara ended up coming with me. And, interestingly enough, as soon as she decided to go, Rion said that he could go as well. And then we sold the other 2 of the 5 tickets to a girl from the Solemite message board. The show itself was good. The opening bands, Audio Learning Center & Pretty Girls Make Graves [!!!!] received an average score of about 4 [on a scale of 1 to 10] with Audio Learning Center getting a score of 7-ish and Pretty Girls Make Graves dragging down the mean with their score of 1. They were horrendously bad. The girl singer, which, at first, I was excited about, could not do want was included in her job description as singing. She yelled, with "utter disregard to tone and rhythm" [as worded by Rion.] I hid after I bought 2 of their shirts [I HAD to! Sentimental value - due to Palo Alto Solemite show - and they're nice looking. If anyone asks, I'll deny the fact that it, along with being a confusingly catch phrase, is a band as well.] Saves the Day was good, if not short. Apparently they had a new/temporary drummer of sorts and he literally only knew about 16 songs. So after the first 14 or so, they left and then came back for the ubiquitous encore. After a 2 song encore, Chris [vocals] said, "Okay guys that's it. No, seriously. That's all this drummer knows." They pretty much only played songs off of Stay What You Are. And, yes. That's pretty much it. [Other than that one of the sound guys who works at Slim's is exceptionally attractive. Black hair, blue eyes, lip piercings [drool..as in, what I am doing, not what his lip ring is causing him to do - just for clarification].]
Tonight is the Senior Box Social, wherein the guys go early [5:30ish] and set up tables with food and an overlying theme and then the girls come at 6:30 and we all eat dinner together at a randomly selected table and then dancing and laughter ensue. It should be fun, minus the fact that there will be at least 2 girls for every 1 guy [lucky boys] because a lot of the guys in our class have no _________ to plan a theme for a table and food. The _______ can be filled in with time, work ethic, energy, imagination, interest, responsibility.
So, that's all folks. I have work tomorrow, but I get off at 7. Maybe we can do something? Movie? Greg Collins oogling at Albertson's? Any and all of the above?
Call me at work if you're interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home