We're so cool, it hurts.

Saturday, May 25, 2002

Hey, it's been awhile [minus the Staind reference] since I last posted. Ready for a recap?
This past week, I went to Southland Mall three times and I hate it more now than I ever did before. I had to do all the prom fixin's: garter/boutineire [complete guess at the spelling] at La Melodie Florist [whose owner, by the by, soo let me skip the whole standing in line thing because she knows me from the fact that she always comes into Long's], shoes [nice light blue and white Puma's] to wear with my dress, etc.
Wednesday, I worked. Caught 2 shoplifters. Not me personally, but the store as a whole. One was stealing about 5 things of Starbursts. You know you're on the road to the big time when you're stealing two dollars worth of candy.
Thursday, the big night. Senior Ball. Afterschool, Deanna and I went to Southland [for the third and hopefully final time] to pick up the flower stuff. Then Jenny and her coworker Jennifer, who used to be a beautician [sp], came over and did my hair. Then I threw on the whole ensemble. Long picked me up at 4 and we went to go take pictures at Moreau. Then to the Radisson Hotel at 5 to meet the rest of our crew and the limo. Dinner at H.S. Lordships [which sucked. freaking waiting and hour and half for a dinner that spanned 20 minutes. The only thing that was cool about the place was that anytime anyone said something about "Oh good Lord" or "What in the good Lord?" or something else with the term Lord in it, Aneesh would follow it up with "SHIP!" It was actually quite funny. Maybe you had to be there.] Afterwards, our limo driver almost caused us to throw our 2 hour dinner up with his 'oooh, there's-an-opening-in-traffic, let's-get-the-car-in-THERE"-driving style. We got to the actual Senior Ball at around 9:30 [an hour late], which is also the time that Jake and Gina were leaving their prom. The dance itself was fun. Overall, good spread of music. They played "Time of My Life", from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, so what more can a girl ask for? We left at midnight and climbed into the Limo. After which we all fell asleep on the way back to the hotel. Hotel was fun, with people coming and going to stop by and say hi. Eventually everyone went to sleep around 4:30am-ish. Woke up at 8ish for some unGodly reason. Went to breakfast at IHOP [all the girls were in pajamas and the guys were still in their tuxes..we looked very classy, needless to say]. I was back at home by 1:00pm.
Last night, we [we=Katie, Jo, Geng, Shara, Rion] went to see About a Boy. Have I mentioned that I really like Hugh Grant? Because, I do. A lot. Overall, the movie was good. It was no Notting Hill but it was good.
Tonight is the first Solemite/the K.G.B. show I've seen in a good long while. I am very much looking forward to it. Gina, I will bring a camera for the interview if you agree to keep it in your bag, because my bag is not big enough. Deal?
And that is all. That's my last few days in a nutshell. Done and done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home