We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, July 09, 2002

Once again, camp has commenced. I'm really trying to not let it run my life this week. I have the oldest campers at camp [nine soon-to-be sixth graders, and two soon-to-be seventh graders.] Having this group of kids has only cemented in my head the fact that I want to teach somewhere in the range of 3rd to 5th grade. These sixth graders are crap. They're all around okay kids, but with attitudes the size of Texas. And all they want to do is sing Nelly and Eminem, which would be alright any other place, but, here, at camp, singing "It's getting hot in 'herre', so take off all your clothes" is just inappropriate with little five-year-olds running around nearby. Other than that, they've been pretty okay. I just don't want to be teaching kids like this for the rest of my life. I'll stick with the cute little 7 year olds any day.
I went to see The Bourne Identity on Sunday. It was a pretty good movie, actually. An, all around good time.
I gotta get to bed earlier, it's hard to wake up at 7. And tomorrow, I have to get up at 6 because the paid staff is meeting at Val's at 7:15 in the morning. So yes, I'm off to bed, hopefully by 11:30 [after The Simpsons, of course.]
That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home