We're so cool, it hurts.

Wednesday, November 20, 2002

Whoa. This weekened was crazy. First off, let me apologize for not having posted in a long time. I'm sure you are all deeply saddened. Regardless, have I got a story to tell. Unfortunately, I do not want to type epic long stories right now, so, you'll have to wait 'till perhaps when I'm in my Humanities class bored out of my mind.
For now, you can saver this morsel of information: I went to the American Idol 2 auditions this weekend in Pasadena with Cody. I slept on the cement for 2 nights. It was freezing at night and hot during the day. I was around people who would either (a) sing alllllll the damn day - practicing for their audition, (b) smoke atleast a pack a day, or more, (c) sound horribly like the Chipmunks, or (d) a combination of the above. It was horrid at times, but really fun at other times. If nothing else, it was an experience that I can add to my list [of experiences, that is.] I also met a whole lotta interesting people.
Cody had to do a pre-audition in order to even get a wristband to have a formal audition. This occured Monday at 10am [we got to the Rose Bowl Saturday @ 6:30pm mind you.] He got a wristband and a little call slip saying come back tomorrow at 8am in Hollywood for a formal audition. We found out later that out of the 4,000 people that had to do the pre-auditions, only 350 got wristbands. Pretty impressive. Yesterday was his call back and the judge said he was good, but didn't give him a 2nd call back [which would have been an audition in front of the celebrity judges - whereas this one was in front of a producer.] He's back in Fresno, now. All in all, a pretty cool experience for the both of us, save for the fact that my back is still hurting and that my nipples could cut glass for a weekend straight because it was so damn cold.
GOOD TIMES.

Oh, I almost forgot. Cody was on Access Hollywood, too. He's was in the background of one of the reporter's report things. I have it on tape if anyone cares. Also, tomorrow is the Yellowcard/Starting Line show. I'm excited!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home