We're so cool, it hurts.

Monday, March 03, 2003

Hey everyone! I went home this weekend (just for a really brief visit) and had some mail waiting for me, including the latest issue of The Vector (that alumni newsletter from MCHS) and my oh my was I surprised to see the stunning Mr. Casey Meirovitz in it. There's an article in there about his Mormon mission, which was quite interesting. Just wanted to let you (esp. Kate) know....

So this weekend was good, I ran some errands and watched a movie with my sister (she wanted to see How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, which was cute. I appreciated their efforts, you could tell they tried to make it enjoyable for any guy a chick might be dragging to the flick), the whole weekend was just spending time with the fam, whom i hadn't seen since winter break. Sorry I didn't get in touch with anyone, the weekend went by so quickly. I'm thinking about doing something for a belated b-day thing, since I have finals the week of my birthday, but when I get back if anyone's in town, let's go out to dinner or go rock climbing or something, okay? (March 21-30)

It's official! I finally finished the process for declaring my major, and I am now a Literature (with a concentration in Pre and Early Modern Studies, basically meaning ancient civilization to the Renaissance) and Classical Studies double major. I'm pretty excited about it...but one thing I'm a little apprehensive about is starting my first upper division class next quarter: Intro to Latin Lit 100, which is basically a straight translation class. Sounds like they're going to hand me one of Plato's books in Latin ans say "here, translate this". We'll see how that goes.

One last silly tidbit before I go...To say "May the Force be with you" in Latin is "Sit vis tecum". After I figured that Scott jokingly suggested I should try to make Latin subtitles for one of the Star Wars movies, which I jokingly mentioned to my classics advisor. She got all excited and said that it would make an awesome senior project for graduation. God i'm not even thinking about that kind of stuff yet! So we'll see what happens with that too....

Hope everyone is having an excellent week! Love ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home