We're so cool, it hurts.

Saturday, March 29, 2003

I feel kind of lame admitting that I did this, but here it is anyway: I just spent the last hour reading all the archives for Random-Osity. The last 2 years of our lives - roughly, all documented on this site. It's actually really cool, reading over things that happened last summer and beyond [examples: the Warped Tour, Gina going to Europe, Solemite shows, etc.] It was a little of a time warp and I enjoyed it greatly.
I don't feel in the mood to post, but I guess I will anyway. I'm not going to spend a lot of time with it, and therefore it will be lacking some of the usual verbiage that my posts are so heavily laden with. You'll all just have to settle for the lackluster words. Whew, I'm tired.

Okay, so this past week was my first ever College Spring Break! Yay, partying in the Bahamas, getting wasted at Cabo San Lucas. Or, ya know, going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and eating at Fresh Choice. I'll take what I can get - and want. Here's a quick run-down, I'll do it day by day to make it easy for me.
Friday the 21st - arrived at home. Honestly I can't remember what the hell I did, though I think it involves dying my hair.
Saturday the 22nd - I went to Stoneridge with Gina and Jo. Had lunch at the French place and shopped around. Then went to Newpark with Gina and got a pair of Converse to match the dress I'm wearing to the Smittcamp Formal. Then stayed and watched movies at home.
Sunday the 23rd - left at 2ish to go to Cody's. Met David and Kelly at Cody's in Salinas. Went to dinner at Benihauna's in Monterey on behalf of Cody's parents. Watched Titanic - shut your mouths.
Monday the 24th - We went to the Aquarium for about 2 hours. Had lunch at a place on Cannery Row. Picked up our friend Melissa at her house and then went exploring tide pools for an hour or so. Dropped Melissa back at her house and went driving around to Carmel and stopped at every beach on the side of the road to walk along the surf. Did the 17 Mile Drive and watched the sun set over the water - ask me about the amazing green light! Went back to the Cody's house and had pot roast and watched family movies.
Tuesday the 25th - Woke up late [10am.] Drove the hour to Santa Cruz. Walked along the Boardwalk - it was closed. Played miniature golf indoors and then bought garlic fries, took them out to the car and ate our pre-made sandwiches in the back of Cody's Blazer. Walked along the Wharf. Drove up the coast a bit to admire the view. Went back to the Cody's and had Country Fried Steak and watched American Idol and Jackass, the movie.
Wednesday the 26th - Woke up and ate a good breakfast. Got a tour of Salinas, complete with the parking lot of Cody's high school - haha. Had lunch and then went back to Cody's. Left for Hayward at 3ish. Traffic was bad so I got off the freeway at went to Ammie and Papa's for an hour or so to let traffic subside. Arrived and then relaxed at home.
Thursday the 27th - I got up early and went to Wal-Mart and Albertson's. Met Deanna and Jo at Moreau at 12:30. Saw a crap load of Alumni while walking around Moreau. Chatted it up with my favorite teachers and some students. Came back home to say goodbye to my mom and Ellie, who flew down to LA this weekend to go to Disneyland and Knottsberry Farm. Picked up Deanna and went to Fresh Choice at 7pm - it had been advertised to a bunch of alumni as a reunion of sorts. In attendance were: Jo, Jason - he's one of the people that I miss the most I think [below you guys of course], Chiwide, Gabe, Kimi, Elena, Teresa, and a bunch of other people that only MCHS people know. After dinner, Deanna, Jason, and I walked over to Hollywood Video. I opened up an account and we rented The Royal Tenenbaums. Went to Jason's house to watch it and I borrowed Amelie from him. Got home at 1:30am-ish.
Friday the 28th - Got up for a dentist appointment. Washed my car. Watched Amelie and part of Bridge on the River Kwai with my dad. Went to Albertsons and Borders with Gina.
Saturday the 29th - Slept in. Played Monkey Island for 2 hours. Went to dinner with Gina, Deanna, Dorothy at Chili's. Stalked Jo at FoodMaxx. Packed a little. And now, I'm blogging.
I'm leaving tomorrow, Sunday, at noonish for Fresno. I have Monday off, but I want to rest and unpack and just settle in before school starts up again.
Overall, Spring Break is in the bag. Whew, I'm spent. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home