We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

I thought that a quick update was necessary, so here we go:
Nothing much going on with school in the academic area. I've gotten A's on my most recent tests/quizzes, but I have a whole lotta papers/tests/projects/etc. coming up in this month of October. So, I'm going to need to budget my time wisely, something I've never been really great at.
Two weekends ago was the Smittcamp Retreat "Smittcamp Camp" up at Huntington Lake. I had a really good time. The weather was awesome and it's such a pretty, relaxing place. There was fun to be had by all with all the games [Ultimate Ping Pong, Catchphrase, Spoons, and Mafia to name a few] and the lake activities [no catamoraning -sp? - this time, but we did take a canoe to the island and a rowboat to a little beach where we caught lizards.] In addition, I met a lot of cool new freshman Smittys. An exorbant amount of them are Biology majors for some reason, and there's not a single Liberal Studies major in the bunch [whereas in my class, there's 10 or so of us.] Some stand out folks are the following: Kevin [bio major from Madera] - he cracks me up because he's just a genuinely wierd fellow, but he's really smart and funnny, Jenny and Tamara [bio majors] - best friends who are really nice and fun, Jenny's in my dance class, Luke [from Canada, originally] - Extremely tall, fairly odd bloke who is in my dance class and is really sarcastic, Tim - really nice and is in my dance class, Kirk [business major from Santa Maria] - he's David's work out buddy and an overall, nice guy, and finally, Todd [bio major from Fresno] - extremely attractive guy who passed all of the 8 AP tests he took, getting five 5's and three 3's. Wow, all that typing about people that no one could give a damn about. Time well spent, Katie!
Other than the retreat and other random fun times, there hasn't been anything of too much interest here in Fresno.
Which is one reason that I'm coming home this weekend. Quite another reason is that I'm going to the San Francisco Symphony on Friday night for my Music class. I'm bringing David and Cody back with me. Gina is joining us for dinner at Benihauna's before the symphony and the symphony itself so it should be good times. Saturday, I believe we're planning a jaunt to Santa Cruz to visit Johanna, who STILL hasn't met the boys. And what would a Saturday night in the Bay Area be without Pasta Pomodoro and Baker's Square with the G-Dawg.
So yea, that's what I have planned for the next few days. I'm anticipating good times.

Love, KT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home