We're so cool, it hurts.

Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Wow. In just a week, Random-Osity has seen a lot of action. And even more surprising is that none of it came from me. Wowee Wow Wow.
Okay, so here's the basics:
Next Monday I have two papers due. #1 is a paper for Smittcamp to replace a class. It is a two unit project consisting of a 15 page paper about the Scopes Trial. #2 is a 5 page paper for my history class and I have no idea what it's supposed to be on. The next day, Tuesday, I have an interview due for my Special Education class. I have to interview someone who works with or has contact with students/kids with some type of disability - I'm doing my aunt Jenny because of Dereck's ADHD. In addition, on Tuesday, I have a Physics midterm. So, I think we can all agree that I should be doing work right now on all of the above tasks. In fact, I probably should have been doing work well before tonight, perhaps last week or even last month. Well, I have recently discovered that it is absolutely impossible for me to NOT procrastinate. I hate it, but I have to live with it.
Right about now, I would do just about anything if it meant I wasn't writing the papers. I decided today was a great day to read a magazine, and organize my CDs, and do anything but talk about the mockery of the American judicial system that is the Scopes trial.
Oh well.
So yes, Random-Osity has gotten a bunch of action in the last week or so. Thanks guys. That's awesome. And Jo, I love the new blog - and I added a link to it on this page, by the by.
And now for something completely different: A RECAP
This past weekend, my cousin Megan came to visit me. She's a senior in high school right now and she is semi-interested in going to Fresno State for the Interpreting Program we have for Deaf Studies [Sign Language stuff.] So I hung out with her, took her around Fresno and to my classes. We also met up with some bigwigs in the Communicative Disorders and Deaf Studies department. Then Monday afternoon, my grandparents came to pick her up. They also took us both out to a VERY EARLY dinner at Marie Calender's where, for some reason, they bought me a pie for my friends and I to share. And that's just what I did. I invited some folks over for pie and we had a full out party in my room. It was fun. Usually we hang out at David and Cody's because their room is bigger and has a nicer couch. But Monday night, my room finally had its moment in the sun.
Okay, I HAVE to do some actual, real work now.

A nap would just be the panacea for all of my problems right now.