We're so cool, it hurts.

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I've tried. I really have. I just lack motivation. I have the time, I just don't have the right amount of energy it requires to post a more than half-assed update of my life. So, here's the half-assed version:

It's been about three weeks. Sad, I know. In those three weeks, I've done a lot. I really have. I type it out and it just seems so, blegh. Why on earth would you want to know what I did with David and Cody when. Because, really, I'll sum it up for you: We go to pet stores and talk [both at the pet stores and not]. Actually, David and I do that. Cody plays video games and watches TV. We eat. Eating at the dining hall is more social than anything and we go atleast once a day. Usually with our friend Jason as well.
We've made friends with some Smittcamp freshman: Todd and Janna. I believe that we have successfully recruited them into our little circle of friends.
Here are some highlights:
The month of November saw a whole lotta Fresno State students not shaving. It was called No-Shave November. Basically, the guys could not shave and the girls couldn't shave their legs, except for one time the entire month of November. Actually a lot of people took part, myself included it was about twenty people. That's a lot of hair.
Thanksgiving break was fun. I got to see all of my family members and a bunch of friends. It was nice to hang out and just...be there and not have to worry about school and such. Love Actually is a spectacular movie. Though it does make me mad/depressed that I don't have someone. Oh well. G-Dawg and I hit up PP and BK, like always. Regretably, we did not get the hot waiter, once again. However, on a good note, Baker's Square had my pie! I watched Life of David Gale with my family. It was a surprisingly good movie and it got me thinking a lot. It's all about the death penality and it has Kevin Spacey in it. It's worth it to rent.
Back in Fresno and it's back to the normal routine of school. I'm watching two movies in two of my classes: Swing Kids in Music and Seven Years in Tibet in Geography. I'm done with chem/physics labs for the rest of the semester, which I'm excited about. Oh and I signed up to be a reader of next year's Smittcamp applications. We're in about twenty teams of three: one student, one professor, and one administrator. We read a total of 40 applications, out of approximately 600, and make up to a certain, unknown as of yet, number of people that we select to be in Smittcamp. When all the groups combine their selections, it has to come out to 75 people. It'll be interesting, hard choosing people. It should be really humbling too, because these applicants will probably be so much better than I was at that age. However, I have to come back a week early from Winter Break.
We've decided we're going to see the third Lord of the Rings at midnight. Officially, it's opening November 17th, so we're seeing it at 12:01am. And we might wear hobit capes.
I bought a fish last night, to replace the one that died on Sunday. I haven't named it yet, though my friend Chris said Mr. Fishy McFisherson was a good name. I also have a snail now named Escargot.

This Friday, I'm going to Coarsegold all day to observed David's dad, who is a seventh grade teacher. I have to have 15 hours for my Special Education class. Then on Saturday, I have to get up at 7 to take the CBEST, a test for teachers before they enter the credential program. Sunday night is a party at the President of the University's house for Christmas for all the Smittcampers. Then I have three more days of classes and I'm off from the 11th until Finals on Monday the 15th. My last day of finals is Thursday, but I'm staying in Fresno until Christmas Eve because my family comes down here. I think I'm going to Cody's on Saturday the 20th for a Cookie Party with David, Todd, Jason and Janna. Should be good times.

Okay, I hope that satiates your hunger for the wonder that is my life. I'm sorry I don't post as regularly or as interestingly as I used to [if I ever did], I just haven't been up to the challenege lately. Hope everyone's having a good last few weeks of the year. Have fun!

Love, KT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home