We're so cool, it hurts.

Friday, January 09, 2004

Ooh! Good stuff, Gina! I saw this survey somewhere else too, but hadn't gotten around to doing it. Thanks for the opportunity.

1) using band names of bands that you like, spell out your name.

Journey
Oasis
Hootie and the Blowfish
Al Green
New Radicals
Notorious B.I.G
A-Ha

(dude, my name was hard! All the bands I like start with an S or something)

2) have you ever had a song written about you?

Nope, I wish. There's always Bob Dylan's "Visions of Johanna" though.

3) what song(s) makes you cry?

OH GOD. "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by John Denver. Everytime.

4) what song(s) makes you happy?

wow...well usually if a song that fits my mood comes on the radio at the correct time I'm pretty happy, but in general? Probably (this is not an all-inclusive list, mind you, just some songs that I flip out about when I hear them):

- "The Man in Me", Bob Dylan
- "I Wanna Love Ya", Bob Marley
- "Sound of Silence", Simon and Garfunkel
- Any Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Elton John, The Cure or Rolling Stones song
- All that old school hip hop from the early 90's...reminds me of my cousins breakdancing on a piece of cardboard in their driveway...fun memories.

5) what do you like to listen to before bed?

Actually, nothing, I guess...because usually I fall asleep on top of my homework or with the book I was reading on my face, not meaning at all to fall asleep.

6) who was/were your idol/s when you were younger?

Musical idol? Wow, uh, how young? I have no idea.

7) first album you ever bought?

I think it was either the Batman Forever Soundtrack (oh man...) or What's the Story Morning Glory.

8) name some songs that remind you of people.

"Love is All Around" by Wet Wet Wet (i.e...."I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes...") - reminds me of Katie and when we were on the ski lift at Boreal and it was fucking freezing. That and that 7 stops 8 song, or whatever it was...oh, and "It's Over Now" by Neve. Wait, one more. I heard that Boyz to Men song "Thank You" the other day and remembered how in 6th grade or something we had to pick a song that described us and play it for the class and I remember Katie picked that...and I think a bunch of people forgot their songs and latched on to Katie saying "oh, I picked that one too".

This is going to sound completely random, but "Stay" by Lisa Loeb always makes me think of Gina. I can't say exactly why. I think it may have been because Gina told me I should see "Reality Bites" and I always associate that movie with her. My memory eludes me now, maybe Gina never told me that, but whether it happened or not that's what I think of. (God I'm so weird). That, and any Smashing Pumpkins song!!!

"Wish You Here" by Pink Floyd always makes me think of Will Griffin for some reason. I think it's because he sang it once with Driving to Milpitas...or maybe it was because Katie was gushing about it once. I don't remember now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home