We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, January 15, 2004

YEEHAW...go Gina! I'm quite pleased to hear about your date, it was a fun post to read...that and how you met this dude. My favorite part of the post was "Yes. You read it right, I climbed down rocks. With my fucking Coach bag and Anthropologie attire." Hilarious! I'm glad you had a good time though, Half Moon Bay sounds like a great place to have a date. And lucky you got to have clam chowder. Speaking of which, I had a massive craving for Fisherman's Wharf clam chowder in a bread bowl the other day and had to improvise ghetto-college dorm style...I stole stale sour dough slices from the dining hall and cracked open a can of Campbell's New England Clam Chowder to heat up in the microwave. Not the same thing, but it was better than nothing, I guess.

I didn't realize that MLK Jr. Day was coming up already, but I'm not complaining...a holiday is always a good thing. Now that Gina just talked about going to the beach, I want to go too...but it's been damn cold over here. All I do is go to class, then hurry my ass back to my dorm room so I don't freeze or get caught in the rain. I'm trying to think of something interesting to post about, but thinking back I really haven't done much, especially compared to Gina's adventures. What do you think about this dude, Gina? I know you said he was younger and such, but do you think there's something there? Just wondering...I'm still excited for you. Yes, you do "still have it" =)

Oh wait, I did do something cool. I had signed up for this "cash only research" experiment for Psychology. The advertisement was eerily vague, just saying that we would be participating in a visual perception test and were guaranteed $2.50 for showing up and could earn more depending on our performance. I was really sketchy, but money is always a good thing.

It ended up being quite fun. Basically I was in a room by myself and had to do this test on a computer. The test was to see if monetary compensation affects people's efforts. The tester handed me $2.50 to keep and told me to do the test, and if I scored 25 points or higher I would get an extra $10. The computer would show a screen filled with differently shaped and colored dots and I was to estimate in 12 seconds how many dots there were. To make a long story short, the results I received at the end said I had a score of 23 and thus technically meant I should get no money, but when I was debriefed, the tester told me that the score was fake, and I ended up getting 10 bucks anyway. Spectacular! $12.50 for 30 minutes of cognitive visual perception fun. I went downtown and immediately blew my earnings on a good dinner at a Japanese restaurant.

Wow, okay enough from me...this is a really long post about nothing super important. Hope you guys are all having a good week, and keep us updated about this boy, Gina. I love your stories!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home