We're so cool, it hurts.

Monday, February 09, 2004

Man, I seriously wish I had a job, or that it was easier to find one around here. I've been spending waaaay too much money lately. It's horrible...it's almost like failing on a diet or something. I'm completely against diets (I believe more in "lifestyle changes") but the way I shop it seems like I'll be really good for several weeks, and then KAPOW! I'll spend a lot of money in one or two days. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe we should have a support group...=)

Here's my list of purchases from the last week:

- $24 t-shirt from Urban Outfitters for Leslie's birthday (when I told her there was one down here she specifically asked for a "cool t-shirt", and this one is super-soft vintagey brown with a silk screened silhouette of a dog which says below in french something that translated out to "the more i see the men, the more i like my dog"...I already wrapped it, otherwise I would have put it up here in french...and yes, I had to ask someone to read it for me, which reminds me that i would really like to take french.) moving on....

- $50 black ballet flat-type shoes with a flower on the side from Urban. I have no nice shoes other than my 3 inch prom heels and my knee high hooker boots, so I figured this was a good investment. I loved them...I had to get them.

- a $12 pink and green plaid halter dress and $5 lace tank top from Crossroads

- $25 in miscellaneous valentine's day cards and tidbits from Paper Vision including: a pop up card and Hamtaro stickers for my sister, among other things.

- Not to mention all the times I went out to eat downtown because dinner at the dining hall was going to be crappy.

I'm so disappointed in myself...looking around at my room (and remembering all the stuff I have at home) I know I own too much stuff...I don't need more clothes. I guess it helps that some of the stuff I bought was for other people, but still. My goal was to lessen or stabilize the amount of things I own, but I hate how whenever I go to go buy something for someone else, I see things and end up buying for myself too. I try not to, but I guess subconsciously I see what people around here wear and want to look like them...or at least have nice clothes like them.

Damn myself for being so impressionable and materialistic. Somebody slap some sense into me! I'm so ashamed of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home