We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Hello to all.
So, as I am the only one NOT on Spring Break this week, I will post the only school related message.

But before that, I'll recap my weekend home. Like Gina and Jo mentioned, it was very exciting to get to hang out on Friday night at Baker's Square and the movies. Speaking of the movie, I do reccommend Eternal Sunshine... It was quite a mindfuck and very well written. It was great to see Will, Jason [who has a lip ring now, WOW, hummina hummina, etc], Rahi, Christian, and Will's sister Christine. They are so much fun and Jo, you're right, you should've just stayed and gone to the movie. However, we didn't hang out that long afterwards because it was pretty late, so you didn't miss that much. Saturday, I ran some errands at Newpark and then Ammie and Papa came over for dinner and dominoes. Sunday, I woke up early and made breakfast and was on the road, en route to Fresno by noon.

The school week was actually slightly exciting, compared to other weeks. In Billiards, we're having a tournament that is going to last the rest of the semester. So far, I've won one round [by default because my opponent didn't show] and I've tied once. So, that's pretty good considering I'm pretty crappy at pool - compared to the other people that have taken this class three times. Tuesday, I had a field trip with my honors PoliSci class to Sacramento. We got to meet with a lot of assemblymen and senators. And, in the gift shop in the Capitol building, they had a bobble head Arnold Schwarzenegger, holding a machine gun. It was hilarious, so as a class, we decided to buy it and donate it to the Smittcamp office display case. In the case, there's a bunch of artifacts/souvenirs people have gotten from other abroad trips, really fancy stuff from Paris, London, Chile, etc. and now there's a bobble head of our govenator. Plus, I got to meet, take a picture of, and get an autograph from Oscar de la Hoya. So that was fun. We had dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe, which was really good.

Yesterday, I didn't do much in the way of classes. However, there was a hypnotist on campus, so Todd and I went [we got extra credit for his psychology class]. It was pretty hilarious, though I'm not completely convinced it was true hypnosis or if the people just happily went along with all the antics. We're going again tonight because it was a two night special. The first night was touted as the night of "comedy, hypnosis, and mystery" and the second is "the mystery exposed" where we find out how hypnotism really works. It should be fun regardless.

Todd's friend Evan is home for Spring Break from UC Davis, so we're going to hang out with him this weekend. I only have one more week before my own Spring Break, so that's exciting. We [David, Todd, Jason, Sierra] are planning a trip to Yosemite. Other than that, not too much is going on.

Hope everyone's having fun in their respective places. Especially Jake on the east coast.

Love, Katie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home