We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

So, better late than never, no?
I'm in class, well, waiting for a class to start. I guess this is as good a time as any to post.
I'm not going to do a whole recap of what has already happened, mainly because I haven't posted in a month [thereabouts] and I would be sitting her, fingers cramping, in order to write about things most of you either know about or experienced already [not to mention, couldn't care less about.]

Things have been kinda bizarre here in Fresno. A little hard to explain, but there's been some tension within my circle of friends. It's not spoken, which makes it even worse. We've determined the living arrangements for next year: Sierra & I, David & Todd, Jason & his current roommate, Jon, and then Cody is going to get a single room, by himself. Actually, that kind of aptly summarizes the situation within the circle of friends. Last week, David, Todd, and I took a 3 hour walk around campus. It was really nice; we went to the orchards a mile or so from my dorms, and then there's a whole dairy/cattle/pig area for all the agriculture folks. I really like Fresno as of this moment. I know it doesn't sound spectacular, but I really like the people and the environment and that I can go a mile or so and take pictures in this beautiful orchard. Anyway, I just finished "The Da Vinci Code" and it was an awesome book. I highly recommend it, if anyone's interested. I voted for the first time on Tuesday. [Sorry this has been more of a stream of concsious post.]

This weekend, I'm helped my friend Luke and his family move. Apparently, he's asking everyone and their mother in order to make it so that they can move their entire family's entire posessions in ONE TRIP. It's never going to happen, but it's a good goal. After that, Todd wants to go to a dog show. That's right, a real live dog show, a la "Best In Show". Sunday, Jason has a choir concert that we're going to. Also, the hot boy in my English class is in choir, so I get to watch him for an hour. I think I'm going to be coming home around the 19th of March. Perhaps do something with Jo for her birthday, yes?

I've been thinking about going to Summer school this year. It would only be a three week session from May 24th to June 11. For the most part, most of you are still going to be in school anyway. I'm hoping to graduate this time next year and then the credential program would be during my senior year. In order to do that, I have to get some classes out of the way this summer. That would mean that I would be in Fresno for three weeks after school went out, and I'd probably be staying with my aunt/uncle here in Fresno. Though I haven't actually asked them about that, yet. I'd also still be in Fresno for my birthday, but I would get a day off from school because my birthday falls on a Monday - Memorial Day. I want to get my aunts to let me use their cabin up at Pine Mountain Lake to celebrate my birthday. Though I haven't actually asked them about that, yet. [sound familiar?] Camp training doesn't start until the 21st, with the first week of actual camp starting on the 28th. Camp is going to take up a lot of time this year, because I'm not going to be allowed to take a week off, plus we aren't going to get a week off for July 4th like we usually do. Somehow, Tahoe is supposed to fit in there. And then camp ends on August 14th and I move back to school on the 20th. So that's my life.

School has been taking up more time than usual, with test and midterms. What time isn't taken up with class and homework is spent watching American Idol, America's Next Top Model, and Thursday's line up of Friends, Will & Grace, and ER. And then there are the random trips to pet stores, walks around the campus, visits to Todd's house, and sleeping. I'm a busy girl, but I'm having LOTS of fun.
I hope everyone is doing the same. Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home