We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Whew, what a week. It's strange, I've had what has felt like a very busy week, but I can't think of a single interesting thing to say about it, nothing that seems worth talking about, anyway. I'll give it a try though, if I'm boring, I'm sorry, just ignore me:

Last week was just lots of doing homework non-stop. I have to say that the weeks feel like they're flying by really fast. I have midterms next week, MIDTERMS! Dude, I feel like I just came back from spring break, what happened?! I still really dislike the fact that I have a class at 6pm...when I get back I just don't feel like doing anything.

I was just thinking that I really miss my car and hanging out with you guys. Since it's so damn hard to take the bus places, most of the time I just don't bother and end up holing myself up in my room watching TV when I'm not doing homework. And oh man, it would be really nice to have some money.

Scott and I did end up doing something fun this weekend though. All week I'd been really antsy, just wanting to get out. So we decided to go the Boardwalk on Saturday...but what sucks is that it had been pretty sunny all week and the on Saturday it suddenly started raining. UGH. But we had been so set on going that we went anyway, and luckily the rain cleared up, though it stayed really windy. That ruled out going to the beach. (It was crazy, we tried to walk by the water but the wind was so strong that we kept getting pelted by the sand...it was like being in a sandstorm or something...isn't it supposed to be SPRING right now??). So instead we just rode a couple rides and ate a lot of nostalgic food. Bumper cars, haunted mansion, (we were supposed to go on Giant Dipper but Scott forgot his inhaler and apparently if he gets too excited he could have an asthma attack...yikes), chocolate dipped bananas, caramel apples with peanuts, and a cherry and watermelon shaved ice. YUM. So it ended up being a lot of fun....I guess we'll just have to wait for better weather so we can go to the beach.

Of course, the weekend wasn't long enough, and all too soon it was Monday again. It's just been the usual, going to class, reading, translating, etc. Oh, except that I had my interview with the Nickelodeon Studio (owned by MTV) in Burbank on Monday. Apparently it's just a preliminary interview...if they like me, they'll call me for a second one in a couple weeks. If they don't like me, I get a rejection letter in the mail. Fun. Anyhoo, I don't know how well it went, I felt like I was rambling like an idiot when they were asking me questions (it was only 20 mins. but it felt like forever). I think the worst question was "Who do you think works harder, animators or actors, and why?" OH MY GOD...I had no idea. I think I said something along the lines of animators working harder because the characters that they have to work with are a 2-D drawing on a piece of paper that they have to make come "alive" or some crap like that. MAN. I was slightly consoled by the fact that I would rather work at the Santa Monica MTV studio than the Nickelodeon one in Burbank, but I still felt really dumb. I need to work on my interviewing skills.

So believe it or not, Geng is going to be graduating soon, which also means that the Dinner Dance is coming up soon too. She was really excited...she called me today to tell me she got her dress, a light blue strapless pouffy one. Good for her, it just reminded of that ugly-ass $20 red dress I wore to our Dinner Dance. I thought I looked fabulous, what the hell was I thinking?? I still can't get over the fact that she's graduating....I feel quite old. I think I will be reminded of this when Ellie graduates in a few years.

So here I am now, blogging because I don't want to do my Greek translation. Sorry Gina, I ate all my Easter candy already, damn! But I do still have $5 left from the Coldstone gift certificates you sent me, when the weather gets better I think I will indulge. Hope ya'll are having a good week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home