We're so cool, it hurts.

Monday, May 24, 2004

Home Alone

Year #2 of College = Done and done. I am officially done with school, save for the three week stint I'm doing in Summer school here in Fresno.
Now, for those of you who are on the up and up, you know that I had planned on staying at my aunt and uncle's house for the three weeks. However, my cousin Nathan, who, until very recently, was living in his own apartment with a friend, decided now would be a good time to move back home. Because of that, I am now staying in - try to keep up - my dad's best friend's mom's house. She, too, lives in Fresno. However, she now resides in a nursing home, so her house is all by itself. I'm staying there for three weeks, and most of that time, I will be the master of the house. Every so often, I will have visitors, namely, Steve - my godfather - who visits every other weekend and then another woman who uses the house when she visits her mom. It's all rather confusing, but it amounts to the fact that, for the greater part of three weeks, I get my own house. It's 3 bedroom, 2 bath, complete with kitchen, bitchin' backyard and lots of other good stuff. I'm really excited. I feel so old! On my own in a big house. I think all the antiques in the house adds to my feeling old, as well. I went shopping this weekend for groceries and the like to last me for three weeks.
Yesterday, David and Todd each paid me a visit, individually. David stopped by for lunch after he rode his horse and then Todd came by for TV and dinner. I was worried that the other woman who is staying here would think I was a whore. She stopped by when David was here and came five minutes after Todd left. What would you think if, at lunch, one boy was over, and at dinner another one?
I am going to see them both again today to see Van Helsing, so I will ask them what they think about this weekend regarding plans to drive down, etc. And then I will get back to you guys. Sorry I'm slacking on this. Gina yelled at me because I'm usually the one to be the slave driver, organizing the shit outta everything. I'm just not feeling it right now.

So, today's Monday. I start summer school today, one class, Communications, for three hours every day for three weeks. Rather intsense if you ask me. After class is over, I've got to go to the Health Center to get a TB test and a check up in order to work at the preschool this summer. After that, I have to go to the on campus Police Department to contest a ticket that I got when I was moving out. According to the dorm people, the entire parking lot was relaxed in order for people to move out. I parked in a handicap parking spot because they told us that everything was fair game - I mean, there were people parking on one of the lanes of the street for godsakes. But I got a ticket. And it's not just a regular, run-of-the-mill $20 parking ticket. No, no, this is one of the $275 varities. So I have to go get that taken care of.

Okay, class is about to start. It's 8:45. I got up at 7 in the morning my first day of summer. That's crap.
I'll update you all later regarding this weekend. Thanks for the entertainment of your guys' posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home