We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I am a horrible person. And I'm going to make up for it right now.

I'm enjoying the new set up for Blogger. It makes what was already rather easy even more convenient. With the new changes, Jo suggested we experiment with different styles for Random-osity. So, over the next few days I'll be trying out new looks and you guys can post comments [see, they do come in handy] regarding which you like best or whether you'd like to leave Random-osity as it is.

So, one would think with my lack of posting that I've been going non-stop, busy all the time. And, for the most part, that is true. Here's a quick look back and then I'm moving on to the future.

[I'm stealing Jo's bullet point format, with " + " denoting good things and " - " bad things]:

+ Spring Break 2004 was great. We [David, Sierra, Jason, & Todd] went to Yosemite. Hiked around, took pictures, good times. Once at home, I got to go to Pasta Pomodoro and Baker's Square with Gina which we hadn't done in a while.
+ Sierra and I chose our room for next year. We're staying in the same room and everyone else cool is also in Birch [our hall]
+ We recently watched 2+Gether, the movie. Hilarity ensued.
- I'm working up my tolerance. Sorry to be cryptic.
- Midterms and papers.
+ I only have one more day of classes left.
- Then three days of finals. And then three more weeks of summer school.
+ Smittcamp Formal was fun. Got all gussied up and danced the night away.
+ My uncle bought me the entire first season of Gilmore Girls.
- It got up to 98 degrees last week here in Fresno.
+ This past weekend, I drove home with my friend Lily who lives in Concord. I stayed for one night and was back on the road with Lily en route to Wawona [Yosemite] by four the next day. In Wawona, we stayed at David's grandparent's house once again and hiked around. The crew consisted of David, Jason, Kirk, Sara, and Misty.
- Converse shoes were not meant for any sort of hiking so now I have a blister.
+ Todd bought a dozen of the best cookies known to man, Otis Spunmeyer's Turtle cookies [choc cookies, with chocolate chips, caramel, assorted nuts] and Caramel Toffee cookies [the name is fitting].
- My billiards class is over.
+ It was a fun class, and I actually improved a lot. Keep in mind that I was extrememly shitty beforehand, so basically anything would have been a vast improvement. And, to update on the tournament. I ended up with 3 wins, 3 losses, and one tie.

And now for the future.:

As mentioned, I have one more day of classes. Thursday and Friday are consultation days, "Dead Days" and then finals begin on Monday. This weekend, we have a few exciting adventures planned. A Hooter's just opened up in Fresno [side note: it is literally 100 yards away from a Chuck E. Cheese. I thought this irony was hilarious.] We are planning on a trip to see Troy and then go to Hooter's for lunch/dinner. I figure it's something for the ladies [Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom in armor] and something for the gentlemen [girls shaking what their mama - or more likely, their plastic surgeon - gave them.]

I don't figure that finals are going to pose much of a problem for me. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

I have to move out of the dorms by the 21st of May, and into my aunt and uncle's house. I have three weeks of summer school so I should be back in the Bay Area by June 12th. I believe during my stay in Fresno, we're planning many a road trip. One such road trip is for my birthday. I did secure the Pine Mountain Lake cabin for the weekend before my birthday [May 28 - May 30/31.] More details are forthcoming. Sorry I'm slacking on the planning.

Possibly the biggest thing going on in my life right now is the recent decision I made to NOT do camp this summer. Instead, I am going to be a preschool teacher's aide. In addition to being a nanny/glorified babysitter on the side. I made the hard decision based on the fact that I want to be able to actually see my friends and family this summer. Camp is just too intense. I want to be able to go to Lake Tahoe. Even without doing camp, I can still hang out on Thursday Skit Night and Bronco Billy's fundraisers. Plus, the preschool thing pays better, which is always a +.

Well, I think that's pretty much it. Let me know about the look of Random-osity. With all the time I have lately with school ending, I should be posting more regularly. I miss you guys.

And, I know it was from a month ago, but here's the survey that Jo posted:

1) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says: "ESTELLE: [after some hesitation]: I agree." It's from No Exit by Jean-Paul Sartre.
2) Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?: A fish tank that contains Holden, my betta.
3) What is the last thing you watched on TV?: an episode of The Gilmore Girls. The pilot episode to be exact.
4) WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what the time is: 2:32 PM
5) Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?: 2:19 PM. Oh, now I feel like I've gone back in time.
6) With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?: The air conditioning in the living room. Me typing those words and people shouting outside my window. And "Grand Theft Autumn" by Fall Out Boy.
7) When did you last step outside? what were you doing?: I was outside about twenty minutes ago to see who was being so loud next door. I was tempted to go down and read on the grass, but then I thought I should finish this post.
8) What are you wearing?: Jeans, a belt that I fashioned out of the strap of my purse, and a blue shirt that has the Swiss Alps on it. I haven't done anything with my hair today.
9) Did you dream last night?: Not that I recall. But two nights ago, I had an unexplainable dream about our plans to go to Hooters. When we got there, it wasn't scantily clad whores who were waitresses. Instead, all of the employees were elderly people. And everyone was okay with that. Odd.
10) When did you last laugh?: I was recently re-reading over all of the quotes that we have on our Quote Wall. One struck me: "My question is, what are they crumbs of?" - Todd, in regards to crumb donuts.
11) What is on the walls of the room you are in?: I have a large world map, several smaller ones from an Ancient World calender, poster of Legolas from LOTR, Fight Club poster, Dashboard Confessional cover of SPIN magazine, and a Guster poster.
12) Seen anything weird lately?: A friend of the guys that live next door was in our room last night juggling various objects. The coolest was three butter knives. Or when he juggled peanut butter, Nutella, and a can of tomato soup.
13) What is the last film you saw?: Last weekend, I watched "Big Fish". Awesome movie.
14) If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?: a house. or property.
15) Tell me something about you that I don't know: I can juggle now.
16) If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?: Similar to Jo, I'd attempt to reverse and prevent all of the pollution and damage that humans have done to the environment.
17) Do you like to dance?: Yes. Regardless of talent.
18) Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?: Emily.
19) Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?: Hayden.
20) Would you ever consider living abroad?: I am considering doing just that. I've been thinking of joining the Peace Corps after graduation. But I really love California and will probably end up here because I want to raise a family here.

Okay, I'm done. Whew. That might be the longest post, ever.

Love, KT




2 Comments:

Blogger Johanna said...

OH MY GOD..this is awesome. It's really funny, when I was looking at the new Blogger templates, I kinda wanted this one to be our new one, and I was going to email you, Katie, and tell you to put this one up, but I figured everyone should have a say.

AND HERE IT IS, YOU PICKED THIS TEMPLATE! I guess we just think alike.

Anyway, I like this one a lot and think this should be our new template.

4:25 PM

 
Blogger Johanna said...

and by the way, very entertaining post, Kate. It's good to know what you were up to. Good plans...preschool teacher's aide, wow!

See you soon, and tell me what you want for your birthday.

4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home