We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

I HAVE HOUSING FOR NEXT YEAR! Okay, maybe it doesn't sound like a huge deal, but it's something that I've been worrying about this whole quarter. As a junior, I'm not guaranteed any kind of on campus housing, but I applied for those new apartments on the knoll (that hill overlooking the ocean I showed you, Gina and Katie) anyway...I really want to stay on campus, it's just so much easier.

Anyway, it wasn't looking promising, because basically any sophomore or freshman who applies for an apartment would get it before us. But today I discovered it is SO GOOD to have friends in high places (or at least ones who are very insistent). So I applied for a 6 person apartment with my buddies Maria, Lois, Monique, Fred, and then Scott. Maria works in the housing office and basically bugged and bugged Juanita (the woman in charge of housing) until today, Maria came pounding on my door to tell us that Juanita not only agreed to let us have an apartment "under the table" but we got the only apartment with 2 double rooms and 2 single rooms, as opposed to all the other ones with a triple and 3 singles.

It's a huge weight off my chest, and I'm really excited to start buying stuff for our apartment. I still haven't gotten a call from the MTV Santa Monica offices, nor a second call from Burbank, so if I don't end up doing the internship, I'll be working at Macy's again (unless Borders gives me a call...), but I'm okay with that. All the years I've been working there I've been eyeing all the pots and pans and dinnerware and appliances for my first apartment, and now I can buy them really cheap, since I'm the one who puts up the sale signs in the first place. You're probably thinking that I'm waaay too excited about this, and maybe I am, but I've been waiting my whole life to have an apartment of my own, albeit a completely BRAND NEW one. You guys are all going to have to come and visit next year and crash in our pad, with a great view of the ocean.

Anyhoo, good luck to those with finals, and hang in there for those of you still chugging along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home