We're so cool, it hurts.

Friday, May 07, 2004

Yay, HAPPY FRIDAY! I don't really have much to say except for that someone's (aka Katie's) birthday is coming up. =)

Here's my day in bullet points:

- Went to Dante section and Greek class, where I tore it up translating a long passage really well. It was quite exciting, but nerve-wracking too...I was sweating so bad. Greek is damn hard.
- Talked to my section buddies Salvatore and Bradley about plans to attend our old Lit 1 TA Leandra's little "drinks and snacks" get together tomorrow night. I'm really excited, I obviously don't get out much. Those guys are fun...Bradley reminds me of Jason Sposeto, and Salvatore's got a cool name...he kind of reminds me of Jake, personality-wise (that's a good thing, Jake!)
- Walked back to my room, picked up Scott, went downtown to celebrate it being Friday.
- Spent the last of the $15 Coldstone's gift certificates Gina gave me for my birthday (it was YUMMY, thanks again! what a great idea for a gift!).
- Then picked up these Chaco outdoor sandals I ordered from Bugaboo, the sporting goods store. I needed a size 5 and all they had had at the time were size 6. Damn me and my small feet. Anyway, they're extremely comfortable, and I needed some other non-sneaker kind of shoe to wear because my Birkenstocks are DYING. They're so messed up.
- Had dinner at the dining hall...actually pretty decent: steak and rice or baked potatoes.

And now I'm here. Scott was flabbergasted today when he found out (through a random conversation) that I don't know how to play Hearts, so apparently he's going to teach me tonight. I also need to go to the library to watch the last part of "I, Claudius". Those Romans were seriously probably the inspiration for modern day soap operas, they were so corrupt and twisted. "I, Claudius" was made in the 70s, and actually a young, brown curly- haired (not bald!) Patrick Stewart played one of the Roman consuls. It was really cool...until it got to the part where he sleeps with the Emperor's wife...I really did not need to see Patrick Stewart's hairy ass. But I digress....I'm sure you didn't need to know this.

Ahh, last thing. Katie, I heard from Emerald that Jason Mraz is playing in Berkeley on June 14th. Interested?

I should stop rambling. Have a fun and productive weekend, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home