We're so cool, it hurts.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I'm smack in the middle of studying for finals, but I think I deserve a break, so why not post?

Hey, thanks again for the ride the other week, Gina, but why are you apologizing to me? I really appreciated you going a bajillion miles out of your way to bring me back to school, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I owe you one...let me take you out to dinner one of these days, okay? Thanks again! And thanks again to Katie for putting together a great weekend.

So after much hand-wringing, I decided not to take the internship at Nickelodeon/MTV Studios at Burbank. I think it would be much easier/convenient for the family/less pressure on the wallet if I just went home, worked at Macys again, ran XC fun runs, and took a couple weeks of French at Foothill college to keep my mind occupied.

This past weekend at Geng's graduation party (yup, she graduated...crazy stuff!) I was talking to my cousin Martin and his wife Kathleen about my internship decision and told them to tell me I was making the right decision. Kathleen teaches at Notre Dame H.S. in Belmont as a theology teacher and said that she thinks that working for MTV is "below me". She teaches a morality class and said that her course revolves around this PBS documentary that criticizes MTV for creating a dominant culture of cool vs. uncool and for making teenagers feel insecure about themselves, which I suppose makes sense. Martin said that working for MTV didn't seem like my sort of thing. My defense was that what if it is "my sort of thing" and I'm throwing an opportunity away? But on the whole, I think all things considered it would just be better for me to stay home. Oh well, maybe next year.

I should probably get back to studying...hope to see you all soon, let's hang out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home