We're so cool, it hurts.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Santa Craaazzzzy!

So I'm back in Santa Cruz. Moved into my GORGEOUS, SPACIOUS on-campus apartment on Sunday. I have a nice ocean view out my window and lots of space in the living room for guests. So...come visit me!!!! That's an order!

Haven't really been doing much this week except for putting the apartment together and doing Orientation Leader things, such as assembling packets for the incoming freshman. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday will be the busiest days because of last minute getting-ready stuff and because people will be moving in. My roommate Monique will be moving in tomorrow, as well as Scott. Fred, our 6th person in the apartment, will move in on Sunday. Can't wait to have a full apartment, it feels really empty with only 3 people right now (myself, Lois, and Maria).

Other than all the above, I've been enjoying having time to do things I usually don't have time to do. The campus is pretty sparsely populated right now, so I've been taking naps out on the knoll a lot, running the trails, and trying to go to places on campus I haven't explored yet. Just found out there's a hillside garden tucked in behind our college that students can actually go look around in. We can't pick fruit off the trees, but we can take things that have fallen on the ground. Got a lot of huge yummy apples.

Went to the Farmer's Market yesterday, which was fun because I was actually able to buy food to cook, as opposed to last year, when I could only buy things that could be eaten without cooking. So yesterday I picked up a pound of green beans for $1 and a bunch of about 20 carrots for $1 as well. I think I'll make some stir fry later in the week, maybe. There were lots of nice flowers for sale too, which I wanted to buy but felt kinda sheepish getting for myself. Plus, I don't really NEED flowers, they just were really pretty. =)

All in all a good week so far...it feels great to be back in Santa Cruz, and I love this mostly relaxing time, save for the OL work...but then again that's how I was able to move up early in the first place, so it all worked out.

Class starts next Thursday...I'm definitely going to try to enjoy the rest of this week to the fullest before I get bogged down with reading and translations. Hope everyone else is having a good one too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home